A contact centre of Gauhati University named Institute of Distance and open Learning (earlier PGCS) has been established from July 05. The centre Is for correspondence P.G. Degree courses of Guahati University In Assamese, EngIish, History, Political Science, Economics, mathematics and P.G. Diploma courses in Sales and Marketing Management (P.G.D.S.M.) and computer Application (P.G.D.C.A.) etc.
The Standing Committee of the Academic Council of Gauhati University, In its meeting held on 22/10/2011 reserved to Introduce BA & B, Com (General course) from the academic session 20i22013. Students can pursue B.Com & BA general course with MIL (Assamese, Bodo, Nepali, Alt. English), English, Political Science, Education, Philosophy, Economics and History under Semester system.
1. The syllabus and the curriculum for the distance mode course will be the same as those for the regular courses.
2. Students will appear for the end semester examination for those courses offered under IDOL along with regular candidates In their respective colleges. Question papers and syllabus will the same as those for the regular courses.
3. Gauhati University affiliated colleges and IDOL study centers (affiliated to other Universities) will enroll students at the beginning of each semester along with other regular students in the prescribed application form provided by IDOL.
4. College will organize counseling classes/personal contact programme for those students offering courses through distance mode as per norms set by IDOL (10% of the total hours dedicated for regular course)
5. Students offering courses/subjects through distance mode shall be required to Submit one/two home assignments during the semester as a part of their internal evaluation in lieu of the internal examinations, seminars required for the regular courses.
6. The examination forms for appearing in the semester examinations shall be sent to the controller of Examinations, Gauhati University as per schedule notified by him. Not withstanding anything mentioned above, if any confusion arises during the Course of the semester or examinations/ evaluations, the decision of the ViceC hancellor be final.